Lead is a toxic metal that was used for many years in paint and other products found in and around our homes. It can also be emitted into the air from industrial sources, leaded gasoline, and drinking water from plumbing materials. Lead poisoning from lead-based paint typically results from ingestion of food or water contaminated with lead; but may also occur after accidental ingestion of contaminated soil, dust, or lead-based paint.
WHY DO YOU NEED TO BE CONCERNED ABOUT LEAD?
Lead is highly toxic and poses a significant health risk. Lead is a poisonous metal that can harm your nervous system, especially with young children. Children six years old and under are most at risk. In addition to harmful effects to the nervous system, lead poisoning can cause blood and brain disorders. Exposure has caused nerve damage, permanent brain damage, insomnia, reductions in IQ, childhood behavioral disorders, learning disabilities and other health risks including seizures and death.
MOST COMMON SOURCES OF LEAD POISONING
- Deteriorating lead-based paint
- Lead contaminated dust
- Lead contaminated residential soil
NEO personnel have extensive training and certifications in the abatement of lead-based paint. The NEO team can identify and eliminate your lead exposure issues. NEO maintains our credentials with annual training by EPA, OSHA and state-of-the-art industry standards continuing education programs. NEO is dedicated to creating the safest environment for our customers and employees.